In this course, you will master the fundamentals of technical writing, a beginner’s guide to prepare you for monetizing your writing skills in the tech space.
The course features easy-to implement tips, assignments, as well as quizzes to test your understanding of each lessons. Also, to help you turn your knowledge into action, this course is packed full of practical illustrations and relatable examples.
You do not need to be a skilled writer to take the course, all you need is Basic knowledge of English Language and grammars, and the commitment to learn and nurture a career in technical writing.
Who can engage in Technical Writing?
If you have passion for writing, an eye for details, and you’re looking to chisel out a niche in Tech, Technical Writing might just be the sublime path for you.
To break into this lucrative field, all you have to do is learn and master all of the necessary skills and tools.
Why Technical Writing?
The tech space is open and promising enough for anyone, and writers are not excluded. Being an on-demand tech skill, technical writing is a financially rewarding and skill-upgrading career path. You stand a chance to gain a lot of skills as a technical writer:
• Develop efficient and explicit writing skills;
• Acquire in-depth knowledge of framework, structuring and planning;
• Understand how to convert complex concepts into simple sentences for your audience using plain language and expressions;
• Master communication using visuals; and
• Learn editing and proofreading techniques.
All of these skills will keep you ahead of your game which is why this introductory course on Technical Writing is ideal for getting you started on your Technical Writing Career path.
I’m confident that by the end of this course you will be able to write a perfect documentation or technical description to land your first job.
What Will You Learn?
- Discover how to write valuable contents for your audience/readers considering their needs and goals.
- Learn from scratch the basic terminologies in technical writing
- Identify the relevant skills to become a technical writer
- Master the principles of effective technical writing: the Do(s) and Don’t’ (s)
- Master the technical writing phase down from the research to the marketing stage
- Understand the purpose of bulleted and numbered lists, figure captions, technical illustration in technical writing
- Know the various types of formatting techniques in Technical Writing
- Write the most sought after documentation or technical description
- Evaluate and improve the documentation or desciption
So, What’s Technical Writing?
Principles of Effective Technical Writing
The Technical Writing Process
The Tech Writer’s Toolbox
Final Preparations – Document Editing
Doing More with Illustrations & Design
Technical Writing Practicals
Practical Approaches in Technical Writing
Advanced Techniques and Tools
Bonus Chapter on Technical Writing Introduction
This course offers certificate of completion
Add this certificate to your resume, and be the standout candidate recruiters cannot ignore
Student Ratings & Reviews
But I couldn't continue my lessons why?