Instructor Terms and Conditions
As an Instructor, You are contracting directly with aptLearn Limited. Additionally, although we may utilize other aptLearn Limited subsidiaries to facilitate your payments, Your contract remains between You and aptLearn Limited.
Relationship with students
Instructors shall not have a direct contractual relationship with students. The only information you will receive about the students is the one provided through the services (“Student-related data”). The Instructor is responsible for good use of student-related data. The Instructor must understand and accept that aptLearn Limited reserves the right to undertake the corresponding legal actions for any problems arising from using student-related data.
As an Instructor, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You will visit aptLearn Limited and complete the Instructor profile, and if You choose to charge fees for Your Courses, You will also need to agree again to the pricing terms which are presented to you during the paid Course creation process;
- You will be responsible for all of Your Submitted Content. You further agree that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and the authority to authorize aptLearn Limited, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including utilizing a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of Your Submitted Content on and through the Services in the manner contemplated by these Instructor Terms;
- No Submitted Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services You offer on Your Course and through the Services;
- You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory, or libelous content or information;
- You will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any User;
- You will not use the Services for any business other than for providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to Students;
- You will not engage in any activity that will require aptLearn Limited to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with Company Content and/or the Services or operations thereof, except as permitted in these Instructor Terms;
- You will not frame or embed the Services in a manner to embed a free version of your course or other similar functionality intended to circumvent the Services;
- You will not impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account;
- Your use of the Services are subject to aptLearn Limited’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion;
- You will not introduce any virus, worm, spyware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Services or operation thereof; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services;
- You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or Courses;
- You will maintain accurate Account information;
- You shall respond promptly to Students and ensure a quality of service commensurate with the standards of Your industry and instruction services in general;
- You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17. A third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these Instructor Terms and all other of Our terms and policies as shall be posted on Our Services from time to time and will assume responsibility and liability for Your performance and compliance hereunder.
Submission of Content
In connection with registering for and using the Service, you agree
(i) to provide accurate, current, and complete information about you and your organization as requested by aptLearn Limited;
(ii) to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your Account;
(iii) to maintain and promptly update any registration information you provide to aptLearn Limited, to keep such information accurate, current and complete; and
(iv) to be fully responsible for all use of your Account and for any actions that take place through your Account.
Pricing & Payments
When creating Submitted Content available for purchase on aptLearn Limited, it is mandatory that you create one free course; only then you’ll be prompted to select a base price for your subsequent submitted contents from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your Submitted Content for free.
When a student purchases your Submitted Content, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount received by aptLearn Limited from the student. From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes to calculate the net amount of the sale. Revenue share will be 30% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 7 days’ notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services. aptLearn Limited makes all instructor payments in NGN regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. aptLearn Limited is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in GBP) and your converted revenue amount (in NGN).
Until we make changes to these terms, an instructor’s highest amount chargeable per course is 10GBP. It may be lesser; however, if instructors feel their course is comprehensive enough to charge more, they may reach out to our support team for further discussion. Any course with pricing above the stated price without a prior conversation with aptLearn Limited shall be subjected to rejection.
aptLearn Limited pays out Instructor earnings on the 28th of every month. For an instructor to be eligible for payout, they must have accrued 100GBP or its local currency equivalence.
License to aptLearn Limited
You hereby agree that We may record all or any part of any Courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Services. You hereby grant aptLearn Limited permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
As an instructor, you acknowledge and agree that your course will not be published on Our platform without approval and that, if your course does not meet certain standards, it will be refused publication. In this event, you will receive an email from a member of Our team, explaining the reasons for the refusal to publish.
only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Submitted Content available on aptLearn Limited or your participation on aptLearn Limited; and
immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
Use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
Use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your submitted content or services; or
Use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
Delete your Account
Instructions on how to delete your instructor account. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your Account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your submitted content, your name and that submitted content may remain accessible to those students after your Account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your Account, you can contact us.
Instructor feedback, ratings and Service
aptLearn Limited may display feedback ratings for Instructors. These ratings are not a reflection of our endorsement or criticism of the Instructor. We make no statements or claims about the quality of Service provided by the Instructor listed on our website, nor do we check or guarantee their experience or credentials.
Expand your reach
Once you publish your course, you can grow your student audience and make an impact with the support of aptLearn Limited’s marketplace promotions and also through your own marketing efforts. Together, we’ll help the right students discover your course.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
Updating these terms
From time to time, we may update these terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and aptLearn Limited reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these terms at any time.
If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your Account or by posting a notice through our services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. Your continued use of our services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised terms shall supersede all previous terms.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about these Terms or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to terms and conditions, you may do so by using the Contact us form.